Saturday, December 22, 2012

iParser Update: Batch Processing Added

I figured before the end of the year I should cross off at least one thing on my list I have been meaning to do. When I first released iParser, I had some feedback asking for a way to batch process plist files (thanks to a tester who has asked to remain anonymous). Due to some other projects, work and life in general this went on the back burner for a few months.
  
What got me moving on making the improvements was a recent exam on an iPhone.  I wanted a way to parse all the data in the plist files. Once I wrote the batch processing option in iParser, I simply exported out the plist files from the phone into a folder, ran iParser and had a report to review.

The above is just one example of how the batch processing can be utilized. As long as you have a plist file, you can use iParser.  Keep in mind the power of the plug-ins though.  If you keep on parsing the same files from an image, take a moment to add the plist as a plug-in (see my instruction here).

I hope this will add more flexibility to the program.  Thanks to everyone that provided feedback.  It may take a little bit for me to get around to it, but I do listen and hope to keep making improvements.

Download iParser v.1.0.0.20 with batch processing.









3 comments:

  1. Mari,

    Very cool! I like the UI design...very simple, easy to follow. Adding batch processing adds a capability that I'm sure a lot of folks will find use for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I try to make it simple, but what is intuitive to me may not be to others. The feedback really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mari,
    Thank you very much for your work, I'll present it to our Computer Forensics (French Police) students.
    Here you can find a Time Converter for LION/MOUNTAIN LION timestamp, website that I just created and a freeware just created by a collegue.
    I will be glad to ear your feeback !
    http://timestamp.fr.st/

    Thank you
    BC

    ReplyDelete