Every once in a while, I get emails asking for help on how to use the SQLite Parser from users who are not that familiar with using Python or command line tools in general.
As an everyday user of command line tools and Python, I forget the little things that may challenge these users (we were all there at one point and time!) This includes things like quotes around file paths, which direction slashes go, and how to execute a python script if Python is not in your environment variable.
So, to that end, I have created a Windows GUI for the SQLite Parser to make the process a little less painful.
The GUI is pretty self explanatory:
- Choose the path to the SQLite database
- Choose the file to save the results to
- Select Formatted or Raw output
This means there are now three flavors of the SQLParser available:
- sqlparse.py - python script
- sqlparse_CLI.exe - Windows command line tool
- sqlparse_GUI.exe - Windows GUI tool
Coming soon... a blog post/tutorial on how to use python scripts :-)